December 9, 2009

A reflection

When I was working and in college, I was focused on my job and my future career. I never really thought about kids much, just that I would probably have some some day. I really thought I would be one of those business women that lived for their job. But all that changed the moment Cooper was born. I decided that being a stay at home mom was by far the best job I would ever have, with the greatest benefits. Sure, it's hard. Really hard at times. But now, having two boys at home, I simply cannot imagine living the corporate life. I know it is not for me. Being home, making meals, nursing my baby, coloring with my oldest-this is exactly where I am supposed to be.
I am so lucky that I have the opportunity to stay home, I know there are women who want to but cant. I count my blessings every day.

0 comments: