January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Cooper! A letter to my son.





Today (yesterday) is the big day. Cooper, you are 3 years old! I love you more and more every day. I can hardly believe it has been three years since I first laid eyes on your beautiful face. I look forward to all that is to come, and to see all that you accomplish in life.

My letter to you, on your birthday.

To my son, Cooper. I love you. I love you with every fiber of my being. I never imagined in my life that I would experience a love like this. And I am so grateful to you for showing me so much. I never thought I would be a mother. And then it happened. And now I cant imagine NOT being a mother. Thank you for the best years of my life, so far. You have taught me patience. Boy have you taught me patience!!! You have taught me that I can function with just a few hours a sleep a night. You have shown me that its okay to act like a fool, pretend to throw up, make insane faces, just for a laugh. I know its okay to cry when I am frustrated. I know that when you look at me and smile, you are telling me that you love me even if you dont say it. Cooper, you have taught me how to love unconditionally. You and I, we've been through a lot in three years, and we made it. Together. And I thank you for letting me be your mom. The best mom for you. My life has changed so much, and one year ago, I was terrified of what my life was going to be like. Now, I cant imagine ever not looking forward to the next day that I have with you. Every day you help me find joy-even when you are being stubborn :D
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Cooper, for the absolute best year of my life. I hope every year just gets better and better.

Happy birthday, baby boy. and Thank you.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww how sweet. I am honored to be Coopers Grandma and your mom.