January 19, 2011

Let's make a change, together!


 Let's face it: Change is hard. I know it, and I'm sure you know it, but we don't have to like it!
Let's do our best to make change fun and inspirational-and to keep it simple so can easily achieve it! Can you do that with me?
I vow to make a change in myself. I vow to be my son's advocate. I am, naturally, but I need to work work harder. With his hearing loss and possible speech delay, I know I have to be his teacher. I can't just wait for him to just magically start hearing and talking, in hopes that I won't have to do the work. I've been down about it, but recently just kind of snapped out of it and am ready to start working with him. It took a virtual face slap for me to realize that I'm his best advocate, and I need to be the one to do the work with him. I've now got a plan in motion and cant' wait to get started. He is my daily inspiration to keep my goal!
How do you plan to make a change in the new year? What are some easy steps to make it possible for you to achieve your goal?
Some tips that have worked with me are:
*Tell someone. Tell a friend, co worker, family member-someone who can hold you accountable, and won't let you forget!
*Make an online calendar, try using Google, and give yourself alerts every day when you check your email!
*Post it notes! I believe in the power of the handwritten note! Put one on your bathroom mirror, and you'll see it every day and be reminded of what you want to accomplish!

See? It really can be simple. Trust yourself, that you can make a positive change in your life. You won't be sorry.

Disclaimer/Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece.

0 comments: