February 23, 2011

How do you de-stress?

I know de-stress isn't not a word :D But how do you let go of the daily stress in your life? As a mom, so much falls onto our plates, and if you are like me, you don't ask for help-you just do it all. Doing it all is stressful. At least for me. I'm exhausted, but I have insomnia that keeps me awake at night, I'm always thinking about what needs to be done the next day. Being home with the boys, taking them to various activities, grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, cleaning some more, doing baths and bed time...I'm tired just reading that! Sometimes I really find that I need to get out of the house by myself, even for a few minutes.  I like to get in my car, no music on the radio, just the sound of the environment around me and just drive. Whether isn't to the post office, library, store...that few minutes in the car helps me just relax and clear my head.
Usually by the time I get home, I'm excited to see my boys and happy to hear "Mom, mommy, mom, Heather, wife, hey you...can you do this?"

What do you do to "de-stress"?
stress Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments: