February 16, 2011

Self Magazine asks: What does the influence being a woman/mother has on your body?


Have you thought about what being a woman or even a mother can do to your body? Did you know that 57% of women who struggle with weight say they were pressured to diet by family members growing up and 73% of women who consider themselves overweight say their mother will make comments if they’ve gained or lost pounds? That's hard to read, that makes me sad. 
Self Magazine has a feature in the February issue titled Your Mom and your Weight. Self Magazine posed the question "
Did your mother influence the way you feel about your body?" and the poll answers weren't always positive.
This is a great article, I think. It's okay to feel confidant in the body you have. I encourage all woman, mothers or not, to read this article. It's a great read, and it's really eye opening.
It took me a long time to accept my new body, but I'm so proud of what my body has done-created and nurtured my children. That's something that not everyone can do, and I have the battle scars to prove that I did it and survived!

Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post. For more information on my blogging practices, please see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: