March 30, 2011

How do you keep your family happy?

I know that I am no where near perfect, but I do know that I am happy! I do my best every day to make a great day for my family, even if we just stay home and do nothing. I think for my family, being together no  matter what the day brings, is all that we need to be happy!
One of my favorite things to do with my family is to go for walks, all four of us! It's something simple, but it brings us such joy! We usually go after dinner, so we can enjoy a long leisurely walk. This is a favorite past time especially in the summer when it's warm. The boys chatter randomly and my husband and I actually have a moment for a meaningful and fun conversation! Even though we are walking, it's relaxing and so enjoyable!
Now that my 4 year old knows how to ride a bike, he enjoys these walks even more!
Something else we like to do as a family that's bound to put a smile on our face is fishing. We're lucky that we live along the river where we can fish to our hearts content-don't worry, there is a fence that prohibits the boys from getting to the river, not that they are ever outside alone, but just wanted to share to put your mind at ease!
I have so many pictures of my oldest and my husband sitting on the dock with the sunset in the background and their poles in the water! One memory I have is when I was eight months pregnant with my youngest, and the phone rang and it was for my husband. I waddled and tried to run down to the river and my husband looked up at me and just laughed and laughed at the sight of me-I was not amused! But as soon as I caught my breath and sat down, I had a good laugh too, it's fun that we can joke with each other sometimes!
Since becoming a parent, I've learned it's really the small things in life that make us the most happy. It's not the biggest toy, or the expensive vacations...it's the quality time we spend together as a family, no matter where we are. It's the laughter of our boys, or the wink in my husbands eye that keep me going.
What makes you and your family happy?

Disclaimer:I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (make sure you link to http://farmrichsnacks.socialmoms.com/about

0 comments: