February 9, 2012

Dinner Rut Be-gone!

Dinner Rut Be-gone!
Guest post from: Denver Stephens
After weeks of uninspired dinners, I was desperate for a change. Unlike my family, I can not eat the same meal three nights in a row and find it at all satisfying. By pure chance I flipped on my DIRECT TV and saw a recipe for stuffed peppers on The Cooking Channel. My creative imagination when wild! Our family had just hosted a pig roast and I had a ton of slow smoked pork just waiting for me to create something remarkable. I sautéed onions, garlic, and mixed in with barley I soaked in homemade chicken stock for an hour. I added red pepper flakes and mixed in the pulled pork to just the right consistency. I had cored bell peppers, both red and green brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. I stuffed them to the point of overflowing and placed in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Just before removing from the oven I sprinkled a heavy dose of fresh parmesan on top and there it was, a dinner that was far from bland or predictable!

Disclaimer: this is a guest post.


0 comments: