October 26, 2012

A real live Christmas Vacation! Florida, here we come!


My family is off to Florida for Christmas! My sister in law and her family lives in FL, and they had their first baby earlier this year, so my in-laws made plans for everyone to travel there to celebrate Christmas together! I'm lucky that I will also get to visit my brother and his wife in FL, who are expecting their first child!
This is our first vacation as a family of four, and I'm really excited! 
We are hoping to go to Sea World, none of us have ever been. I'd love to take my boys to Disney World, which I'm sure is amazing during Christmas!! 
What I am NOT excited about-is driving :/
Flying during the holidays is pretty expensive, at least for our budget, so we are braving the 24 hour drive to see our family. I'm nervous about the drive with two kids and keeping them entertained-any advice? What do you do to keep your family engaged during long trips in the car?
Anyone spend the holidays away from home on vacation? How do you make it special?
Leave your advice in a comment, I am anxious to read them!


1 comments:

Sarah @ Family. Food. Fiesta. said...

Ooohhh! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Disneyworld! It's on our list but just hasn't happened yet! So exciting. As for car rides (we live in California...so everywhere is a LONG car ride). Play the ABC game where you find each letter (in order) of the alphabet on signs, cars, license plates, etc. There is no winner...everyone participates to go from A to Z. You can also play "I spy on..." someone picks something they see and the people guessing can only ask "yes" or "no" questions.