May 7, 2013

Random thoughts on the end of Kindergarten



So the school year is winding down and my kids are one of the few kids NOT looking forward to summer vacation...don't worry, their time will come!
My kids love school, particularly my oldest who is finishing up Kindergarten. He loves school and he does really well and he loves being able to see his friends every day. Who wouldn't??
Kindergarten is a huge milestone, at least in my eyes. My son seemed so little when he walked into his classroom on the first day, and soon he will walk out as this grown up kid who actually knows stuff. 
He went in with all of his baby teeth and is leaving having lost 7 teeth in the past 9 months. He grew a few inches, gained a few lbs, and insists on picking out his own clothes despite my need to coordinate. He's more independent and much more confident in himself than he was at the beginning of the school year. Dare I say he is the teacher's pet, but hey, he wears that badge proud just as his mother did before him :D
I'm so proud of my son for doing what he does best-being himself, and having fun while doing it.
I can't wait to see what you will do next Cooper!

Cooper with his very first bass!

0 comments: