February 26, 2010

The Friday Featured Blogger-Yellow Tennessee

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am going to be doing some fun posts on my blog, to try and give my readers a little more variety! And beginning today, I'll be doing a featured blogger post every Friday!

I'm excited to post todays interview. I've had the chance to get to know Rachel at Yellow Tennessee over the past two or so years. She is a sweet mama, with a great family.

Todays featured Blog/Blogger: Yellow Tennessee

1. Tell us about yourself-family, job, things you like to do..
I am a full time stay at home mom to an almost 4 year old, Genghis. I love being a mom and a wife and really feel like this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing. Above all else, I am a Christian who allows my faith to dictate who I am and what I believe. I am an artist who loves painting even though I don't get to do as much of it as I would like. I love bright colors and good music.

2. What is your blog about?
My blog is about saving people money in a nutshell. Yellow Tennessee, Saving You Money One Blog Post At A Time. Finding great deals on coupons, free samples, and just looking for that one thing that will help make life easier.

3. How do you fit your blog into your schedule? Do you set aside certain times of the day to blog?
I am an all or nothing kind of girl. I tend to find something and go crazy with it, putting all of my time and energy into it. So for the blog to be successful I had to set up a schedule or else I would go full throttle and then burn out and never touch it again.
I am by nature a night owl who is up until at least 2am everyday. I use that time at night to blog. Genghis is in bed, my husband is in bed and I can focus on just the blog at that time. Thank goodness you can schedule the post to publish automatically or I would never get anything done around here. I also take every Sunday off from the blog completely so I don't get burnt out.

4. What inspired you to start your blog?
Initially I started the blog as a way to write about thoughts, feelings on different things, and general madness. After a short period of time I found that I would find a deal on something, a great coupon or a free sample. I would let different people know about this and figured the blog was a great place to put it down and just link them to it. Eventually all those great deals became the primary focus of the blog.

5. What do you hope to achieve in the future with your blog?
That is a hard one. I think the main thing I want to achieve with this blog in the future is the same thing I want to achieve now. I want to help people save money. Help them learn about new products that they may not have seen before. Help them realize that it is possible to be a one income family and still thrive. Oh and getting big enough to do a Dyson review and giveaway would not hurt my feelings at all!

So please, check out this fabulous blog-Yellow Tennessee. Follow her blog and become her fan on Facebook- be the first to know about the awesome deals, product reviews, and fantastic giveaways she has to share with all of her readers!

0 comments: