February 3, 2010

Our latest adventures

Cooper and our snowman

My kids sure know how to keep me on my toes.
Cooper is loving school so far, he goes swimming on tuesdays and has gym on thursdays. He is scared to swim now after a little incident last week where he needed resucuing by the life guard after floating to the other end of the toddler pool. This week, he cried and cried when it was time to swim so he sat out and watched the other kids. I am hoping I can convince him to swim next week. But other than that he is doing well! I love the art projects he brings home, he is so proud of himself when he shows me what he has made!

Last week I took Bennett to see an ENT (Ear/Nose/Throat Doc). We did find out a few weeks ago he is likely deaf in his right ear, so we made an appt with the ENT to see if there was anything physically wrong and so far everything looks normal! When he turns 1, the Dr wants him to get a full body scan to rule out any syndromes of the heart/kidney since hearling loss can be a sign of that and he will get a scan of his head to get a better look at the inner workings of his ear. The Dr said that shouldnt bother with hearing aids or anything b/c being deaf from birth, he will adapt to hearing from his left ear and will not know any different. Now I am praying his hearing remains in tact in his left ear. I'm going to start learning sign language. Even if he can hear, I think it will be useful to know.

Bill is off to Arkansas next week for work, so I'm likely going up to MI for the week. I'm just not brave enough to take care of my kids by myself, how sad is that?? But I know our family will love to see the boys so this just gives me a reason to bring them up for a visit. I cant wait!
I know I'm slacking on my blog posts, I do have lots to post for you all, I just need to sit down and do it!! Sorry blog friends!

Bennett is trying solids!
He had avocado in this pic,
he loved it!

0 comments: