October 6, 2010

Alizé Liqueur Review [LWTS Gift Guide]


The holidays are quickly approaching, and for many that means family get togethers and parties with your co workers! While I am not a big drinker of alcohol, I can surely appreciate a tasty beverage while spending time with my friends at a special party. For many, I think making a special cocktail just for their holiday party is  part of the excitement-whether it's a drink that goes in line with a party theme, or introducing something new to your friends!
Alizé Liqueur " infuse premium French Vodka with luscious, all natural flavors from the world’s most exotic regions. The liqueurs includes Gold Passion, Red Passion, Wild Passion Bleu, and Rose Vodka. All feature natural ingredients and an eclectic mix of fruit juices that create sensational tastes and aromas when combined with fine French Spirits"
I had the pleasure of reviewing the Alize Liqueur Gold Passion and Red Passion. The Alize Gold Passion combines passion fruit, other exotic fruits and premium French Vodka to form a "silky golden liqueur" and the Alize Red Passion is a blend of cranberry and  and exotic passion fruits with premium French Vodka.
I was excited about trying my hand at mixing some tasty cocktails as I never have before, but first I tried each flavor straight up and was very pleasantly surprised! What turns me away from most liquors is the overwhelming taste of alcohol. Both the Red and Gold Passion were very subtle, yet tangy and exhilarating! All Alize products are 16% ABV. If you're looking for something sexy and sophisticated, look no further than Alize Liqueur!
The recipe I tried was called "Rosy Cheeks" and to me this is the perfect drink to serve to dinner guests at a Christmas party!

The recipe was very simple:
2 Parts White Wine, 1 Part Alize Gold Passion
I served them to my husband in our wedding champagne flutes, chilled. We haven't used these flutes in 7 years, so it was a nice treat to have a reason to use them again!
The drink itself was delicious, and it definitely put a glow on my face! I had to take it easy on the drinking, as I'm still breastfeeding, but I know this is a drink I can thoroughly enjoy come the holidays!
I'm sad to say, I do not have a picture of the mixed drink in our glasses, as I thought I'd be cheeky and say a little toast to my husband ending with the clinking of glasses but I don't know my own strength and I broke our delicate wedding flutes! Lesson learned. But you'll have to take my word for how delicious this drink looked and tasted!

There are many yummy drinks you can make with all the flavors of Alizé Liqueur. Here are a few I think you all might enjoy!
Peppermint Kiss

3 parts Alizé Red Passion
3 parts Taittinger Champagne
                                        Serve chilled in a champagne glass with mint leaf to garnish

Snowflake Sip

3 parts Alizé Bleu
2 parts club soda
Blend ingredients and serve over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a lime or lemon twist.


Baby It’s Cold Outside

2 parts Alizé Gold Passion
1 part apple schnapps
½ part vodka
½ part triple sec
                                     Shake well over ice, strain and serve straight up in a martini glass.

If you're searching for a gift for that hard to buy for person, or looking for that perfect holiday drink to serve at your party, look no further than Alizé Liqueur. This pruduct retails at $19.99 for 750 ml and $23.99 for 1 liter. Be sure to check out www.Alize.com for  more info!

Disclaimer/Disclosure: I received two bottles of Alizé Liqueur for review, no other compensation was given. Thank you to the makers of Alizé Liqueur and LaForce + Stevens for this opportunity.  For more information on my blogging practices, please see my disclosure policy.



1 comments: