January 31, 2011

Adventures in bread making!

I have decided to give bread making a try! I've been on a kick on making everything homemade-ditching processed foods and what not. I scoured this article and decided that this was going to be my plan-taken from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.
Preparing the dough wasn't as hard as I thought, but I don't think my dough was wet enough. Despite my uncertainty, I let the bread sit for hours in the fridge. The best part of this recipe is NO KNEADING! You don't even need a bread machine or a mixer w/ a bread hook (which I have neither!)
The kids went down for a nap and I got started, I dont' have a bread stone, but I do have a pizza stone which I'm told by my friends will work just the same!
I made a small loaf just to try, and MMM it was good! It was a bit heavy, I don't think I let it bake long enough but I just couldn't wait to try it so I took it out of the oven early.

Not bad for my first try!



So does anyone have any recipes they love and are willing to share? I'd love to stop buying store bought bread (eventually :D) so please share any and all bread recipes you have tried and love!

0 comments: