May 16, 2011

An update on life

My blog has taken a back seat lately, as I'm sure you can tell.
It's true what they say, bad things come in threes.
My dad is healing well from his stroke, and I'm so proud of all he has accomplished so far, but he has so much hard work ahead of him. I just want to thank you all again for all your good thoughts and prayers.
Last week, my sisters best friend (who is my husbands cousin as well) suddenly passed away. Her friends and family are just reeling...she was only 22 years old and leaves behind her husband and her 4 month old daughter.
Then a few days later, I lost an uncle to a massive heart attack.
My emotional state of mind has been shot.
Be patient with me as I get my footing.
My special trip to Disney is this weekend, and I've been doing my best to keep a smile on my face for my son who is so looking forward to this trip!
I am hoping I'll be able to start anew with a better attitude and a better outlook on life next week.
I just ask for your prayers for Joey and Olivea, as they now have a whole new life they didn't expect. Joey is a man of faith, I have never met such faith filled people as his family so I know he has a great support system. I think I feel so sad b/c I am a mother, and I just can't fathom what that pain must be like (to lose your mother). I lost my biological father when I was 8 years old and it was not easy.
Thank you my friends, for all you do!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am thinking of you and sending you lots of good thoughts. What challenging times for your loved ones and you. I hope you enjoy your trip and that the good things start rolling in soon.

Fash Boulevard said...

lots of positive thoughts your way. beyond glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 2 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Hey! Stopping by to let you know that I love your blog! I'm a new follower! Follow me if you would like!
http://thenaturalmommas.blogspot.com/