July 11, 2011

I've got the sewing bug!

I've had a sewing machine for years-close to 7. I got my first one when I was 19 and started working in the fabric department of a chain store while in college. I did a little sewing here and there, but mostly it was a dust collector! I decided to bust out my machine and see if I could make my boys a quilt. I printed off some free patterns from Michael Miller Fabrics and bought some material and got to work!
Obviously, I'm not very skilled, but I think my creations so far have turned out okay!
Here are the quilt tops I made for the boys:


And here is a matching pillow I made for Cooper, I will be making one for Bennett as soon as I finish backing his quilt!


What do you think?? They are OBSESSED with dinosaurs so that is the theme I went with.
Anyone have a favorite sewing site they'd like to share?? Do you sew? Let me know, I'd love to see your creations! Maybe I can start a weekly feature? I've seen many blogs do that, I think it's so fun to see what others are coming up with!


1 comments: