January 18, 2012

Boot Straps


The Author of this post is Velma Baird
In today’s economy, it’s hard not to fall behind especially when you’re like me and get laid off from the job that you’ve depended on for years. After getting over the initial shock that I was unemployed and for the first time in my life, receiving government assistance, I knew what I had to do. You see, I grew up in a fairly close-knit family that, for the most part, didn’t depend on anyone else to provide for us. My grandfather was a farmer and my father owned the local store in town. As you can imagine, my both of the males in my life were very hard workers and instilled that work ethic in me as well. So when I received the news that I would no longer be employed, I did exactly what my father taught me. I pulled myself up by my “boot straps” and started looking at the future. One of the ways that I started moving forward was to look at our family budget and make some necessary cuts. Thankfully I foundhttp://www.wildbluedeals.com/ that provided me a much-needed cut to our budget so that we can keep moving forward.

Disclaimer: This is a guest post.




0 comments: