July 10, 2012

My latest obsession-Oven Roasted Tomatoes


I'm trying to get back into trying new recipes instead of going back to the same old meals-not that our usuals aren't yummy, but for a while I was trying something different once a week to hopefully expand my family's palate and since moving I've slacked off on new things and went back to the "old reliables".
This week I decided to be brave and try my hand at Oven Roasted Tomatoes. I like things made with tomatoes-sauces, ketchup, etc. But I've never been a big fan of eating chunks of tomatoes. I think maybe it was a texture thing? I'm not really sure. I decided it was time to get over myself and try my hand at roasting tomatoes, there was a recipe (Quick and Easy Herb-Butter Salmon from Our Best Bites!) I was dying to try and store bought sauce wasn't going to cut it!
Here is what I did:
Cookie sheet, covered in foil, oven preheated to 325 degrees.
Fresh tomatoes (we're lucky to have a good farmers market nearby!) quartered and
covered in about 3 TBSP of Olive Oil. I tossed them around to make sure they were fully covered!
Then I sprinkled them with freshly minced garlic, Sea salt, pepper, and sugar. Into the oven they went for a few hours and voila-the best thing I've eaten since ice cream. I swear.
Right before the went into the oven

So I forgot my "after" picture. But here they are after a few hits in the blender
Best sauce ever!
Next to it is an herb butter sauce

Salmon and Herb butter pasta tossed with oven roasted tomatoes.
Sufferin' with pleasure as my husbands grandfather used to say!




Disclaimer: All opinions are my own!


0 comments: